Miso salmon with rice noodles and a vegetable stir-fry is a rather nice, and very healthy, midweek supper dish to recreate at home. The method only includes a few simple steps to help you cook it in around 15 minutes using salmon fillets from our online fishmongers.
- 4 salmon fillets, about 170g each
- sunflower oil, for greasing
For the miso glaze
- 2 tsp brown miso paste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
For the noodles
- 200g dried rice noodles
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 25g ginger, finely grated
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 medium red chillies, thinly sliced
- 100g beansprouts
- small pack of coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
1) Boil the noodles for 3 mins in a large pan, drain and rinse under cold water through a sieve and set aside to drain completely.
2) Mix together the ingredients for the miso glaze in a bowl and dredge the salmon fillets in the mix. Place the fillets, skin side up, on an oiled grilling tray. Turn on the grill to high.
3) Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic, ginger, spring onions and chilli for a couple of minutes, then add the noodles and beansprouts.
4) Grill the salmon for 6-8 minutes, turning once. Stir the fish sauce into the stir-fried vegetables and add the coriander, then arrange on plates and top with the fish to serve.